A Collection Of Essay Topics For Brave New World
Brave New World is a brilliant science fiction novel written by Aldous Huxley. In the literature class, you may get an assignment to compose an essay on this novel. Instead of analyzing it in general, it’s recommended to focus on a particular question related to Brave New World. This way, you’ll be able to create a paper that will be original and interesting to read.
A Selection of Brave New World Essay Topics
- The reasons for the World State to infantilize its citizens.
- The analysis of relations between men and women in the World State.
- The parallels between Huxley’s Brave New World and Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
- The ways in which the World State treats its citizens as commodities.
- The purpose of the caste system in the World State.
- The freedom of John in comparison to the citizens of the World State.
- The things that make the World State society wrong.
- The analysis of Mustapha Mond’s points against freedom.
- The relationship between political power, religion, and science in the World State.
- The analysis of the author’s vision of a utilitarian society base on the novel.
- The reasons for science to be constrained according to Mustapha Mond.
- The analysis of John Savage’s traits and personality.
- The ways that Huxley uses character development in Brave New World.
- The suppression of religion in the novel.
- The moralization of sexuality in Brave New World.
Steps to Take After Selecting a Topic for Your Essay
- Conduct research.
- Make an outline.
- Write your paper.
- Edit your paper.
It’s likely that to present the information implied by your topic, you’ll have to increase your knowledge about the novel. First of all, it’s recommended to read Brave New World paying attention to the points that you’re going to discuss in your paper. Also, you may read the works of reputable literature critics related to the novel to learn about interesting details that you could have missed.
Having collected the needed information, you should plan how to present it. Divide your to-be paper into three sections (intro, body, and conclusion) and indicate on a sheet of paper what you’re going to mention in each part. With a good outline, your writing process will be faster and the structure of your paper will be stronger.
You may start the writing process with presenting and describing your arguments. Once the body of your paper is composed, it’ll be easier for you to write decent opening and concluding sections. Make sure that the length of your text fits into the requirements stated by your teacher.
The last important step is to check your text for mistakes and eliminate them. Pay attention not only to grammar and spelling errors. It’s also advisable to make sure that every sentence is written clearly and conveys the intended message. If some phrases are formulated awkwardly, you should rewrite them in a more understandable way.
So, there are many interesting directions that you may go into with your essay on Brave New World. It’s advisable to pick a topic that will be genuinely interesting to you to write about. However, you should also keep in mind that an original and exciting topic alone won’t earn you a high score. It’s important to put a lot of effort into the following steps of your task too in order to succeed.